Sunday, October 19, 2014

Community Garden Sunday







Made a visit to our plot over at the Master Gardeners of Southern Nevada's Community Garden at Floyd Lamb Park. I planted this plot near the end of August and was able to harvest a bunch of the basil that I'd planted. Actually I HAD to harvest because it was getting so crowded that there wasn't enough sunlight getting to the tomato plants that are growing right next to them. Now that I've thinned out the basil bushes, we should start to see some more sun bathed ripe tomatoes!

When life gives me way too much basil, I make basil pesto.


What you'll need:
  • Food Processor
  • Basil (leaves only)
  • Sea salt
  • Garlic cloves
  • Pine nuts
  • Olive oil
Combine all ingredients into the food processor and process until desired consistency. Add more olive oil for use on pastas or potatoes. Use as a paste on pizza, appetizers or sandwiches. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment